Hello and a happy new year! – I was going to skip this post and go straight into the one that followed this as I thought it was too late to write this post and the fact my last post was v. similar. But then, I thought why the ‘ell not, it’s the new year and I love a good cliché post.
I know it’s been said in everyone blog posts but bloody hell 2017 came round fast and I honestly cannot believe it! The start of the year has’t been too shabby and I am excited to see what the year brings. I don’t have any plans as of yet, just working and taking it week by week really.
I’ve made a few new years resolutions which are:
- be kinder to others and myself
- compare less – this is one thing I am constantly doing every single day of my life, comparing myself to everyone around me and doubting the success or whatever of my own life. But I’m trying to stop this as it’s simply not a healthy mindset to have.
- Care less about others opinions of me. I want to be able to buy and wear whatever clothing I wish and not be afraid of being judged, or to dye my hair brown and not care or to speak about something that I care about without worrying others won’t agree with me.
- Alongside the above, I want to be more brave/confident – I think i’m going to have to buy a book on this as I have no idea where to start!
- Read more than I did in 2017 including as many as books of a list I found on LinkedIn that’ll class one as ‘well read’ – We’ll see how that goes!
I really hope 2017 is all that you hope it to be and you succeed in whatever it is your aiming for this year.